Sunday, April 30, 2017

After a long time Velo Moda is back and more visible with Cicli.






Hi cycling friends around the world . My last blog post was in Chile.
In the meantime I am living in the Netherlands.
My girlfriend and I decided to start living in the Netherlands, because of new opportunities.
I had a great time in Chile and met allot of Chilean cyclists. It is amazing to see how cyclists
all around the world love this great way of transport/sport.
Cycling safety is unfortunately not every where the same. Also in Chile allot of cyclists are every year victim of accidents. This was for me the sign to start with Cicli and promote cycling safety.

Cyclists can create their own safety on different way's :

- Hi-vis clothes
- reflective elements
- use lights by riding at night and dark weather
- follow the traffic rules
- be aware
- try to make eye contact with car drivers
- wear always a good helmet

Being visible can safe your life and helps car drivers to see you from a distance.

In the Netherlands we have a big network of cycling paths and people get used to the amount of bicycles. But also here you need to considerate that people are watching on their mobile phone, eating their meal or talk with a passenger. Even when I wear this yellow clothes some drivers are seeing me at the latest moment at the roundabout.

I hope to show you here on the Velomoda -  Cicli blog the most beautiful rides and locations in and around the Netherlands.

Enjoy your ride and be visible


No comments:

Post a Comment